Thursday 23 August 2018

Sorrow

Today I give thanks for not moving any more stuff around as my body is in protest after yesterday. Also I heard that my move is on the verge of collapse so not much point in it really. After finally agreeing to extend the lease the freeholder is failing to do the deal so my buyer's mortgage offer is about to expire and the vendor has issued an ultimatum which can't be met. All that effort, stress and expense for nothing! Thank goodness I'm good at gratitude eh?

I give thanks I received the news while reading the chapter on 'home' in the brain book. It was interesting to learn about the science behind some of the emotions I feel. Particularly why, with all the other things I could be upset about, the fact that I've packed away many of the things I like to see around me is right up there with the other disappointments.

I give thanks for a mug of Earl Grey tea and a fragrant bath to make a sort of substitute hug.
For thinking of all the good things I've bought in preparation for my relocation - my sofa, cooker, fridge freezer and towels. For hooking a row of my rag rug - a soothingly gentle and appropriate pastime for a life getting more tattered by the day

I give thanks for remembering to have compassion for all the other people groaning at the situation - the young chap who wanted this place for his first home, his parents who might have been rather keen for him to move out, the agents waiting for commission, people reading this post or who I'll have to tell in person who might struggle to find the right thing to say. Because seriously...what can you say

I give thanks for deciding to write this early and log off, shut down and hide myself away so no one can regret to inform me of anything else for a while. I'll be back...just need to do some serious wound licking


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics