Wednesday 8 August 2018

Hold my hand

I give thanks for the bows and flows of angel hair clouds yesterday evening, prettily tinted pink.

For dealing with a day that seemed to have more of its share of things to be ungrateful for, including burning a pan of chick peas very badly and my whole arm going into spasm after trying, unsuccessfully, to scrub it clean. It's so scary when this happens (not to mention painful) and all you can do is try to rest and relax the limb completely...and, when you can move it again, use a different saucepan! I give thanks I'd already showered and dressed or I'd have had to go down through the communal areas to the street door im my nightie to get my deliveries of surgical and grocery supplies.

As the vendor's estate agent continues to try to put the fear of his clients pulling out on me while the freeholder continues to indulge in as much skulduggery as he can, plus I'm already stressed about seeing the consultant tomorrow, I give thanks for plans of pleasantly distracting activities to soothe my anxieties. Unfortunately they all involved using my arms - creative pursuits or internet surfing, reading, household tasks - so I give thanks for some meditation instead. I always give thanks for meditation, I just often forget to say... I give thanks for remembering (and playing) my favourite Hootie and the Blowfish song. Uplift on a stick that is!

I give thanks for a shower of rain for the parched earth. For nearby neighbours being quiet. For this article featuring curtains of a design I've come to know rather well...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/most-famous-curtains-exeter-ways-1858254.amp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics