Tuesday 21 August 2018

Me myself I

Yay, I give thanks that Rachel was pleased with the knitted tree on her jumper! It's not been a very compliant project so far so fingers crossed that bit won't need unpicking...

I give thanks for rustling up a simple but very pleasant tea of Spanish omelette, Greek salad and garlic bread...and for the simple pleasures of having the washing up done for me and a bag of charity donations taken away. For a reviving treatment that gave me the impetus for an evening of more sorting out and packing up.

I give thanks it wasn't until the middle of the night when cramps and spasms and aches and pains in all sorts of places woke me up that I realised quite how much lifting and shifting and housework and knitting I'd done through the day...

Today I've been feeling mostly rather sick and sore and tired so I give thanks I had a prescription to pick up and could sit a while in the sunshine listening to other people's conversations and being rather glad I wasn't expected to join in as they seemed to be monologues taken in turns!

My surgical supplies company is having a poetry competition on the theme of change in relation to health conditions. I suspect they're after some upbeat Pam Ayres style ditty but this is what came out of my head...

Beneath the guise of clothing
Below the surface scars
Deeper than skin
Further down than the scalpel cuts
Where the drugs don't work
The rays can't penetrate
There is a tiny part inside
Not broken
Not sick
Not patched up, mended rearranged
Lucky to be here
Soldiering on
Adapting
Frightened
Brave 
Or sad

Just my unchanged self

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics