Sunday 19 August 2018

Where have all the flowers gone?

I give thanks for strapping up my hands with Actipatches last night. It's a fiddly process and I'd already turned out the light and was settling down and drifting off despite the pain but I thought I'd regret it if I didn't. The night gave me enough grief with various sore bits, minor equipment malfunctions, a scary dream and even a mild panic attack so every little helps I guess!

I give thanks for sleeping late and rising later. For realising not only am I not very well and not very young but also it was extremely humid which I find much harder work than heat and doing very little else until early afternoon. For the sun breaking through the clouds, the fresh breeze to take the edge off the mugginess, and going for a bit of a walk on wilder bits of the Warren with Mima to blow the cobwebs away. There was a chap with a proper job camera looking for sea daffodils which I'd never heard of so I looked them up when I got home and very pretty they look too! For finding quite a few small but sweet ripe blackberries away from both roads and raised dog legs...and lots of post bloom irises (I think) in the scrubby little wood there I love.


I give thanks for some home made cake to bring home, dinner being almost ready and some more boxes to fill. But not tonight, oh no! I give thanks for promising myself a rest! If it's quiet enough I might enjoy some TV, if not there's earplugs and a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics