Friday 3 August 2018

Another day in paradise

I give thanks for the smell of well trampled grass on a warm summer night - reminds me of hay, reminds me of festivals! For the fantastic volunteers looking after the public loos in the seething carnival crowds, including minding people's pints while they went in! For boat lights glowing more brightly as darkness fell and red Mars low in the sky. For Sally coming to watch the fireworks with me so we could both be completely on a different planet together...

I was thinking the other day that going to gong baths is one of the few things I do now that I would still do if I were well, unlike so much else which is make do and make the best of things...I would certainly eat more ice cream if I could! Since it's been rationed I've been on a mission to try all the different sorts available locally to find the tastiest flavour to treat myself to. Booja Booja praline held the number one slot for ages but now the award goes the Lemon Curd made with Jersey milk I tried this afternoon. That is one of the best ice creams I've ever had and, until recent years, I had had a very great many!

I was very sore in lots of places earlier so I give thanks for eventually getting out to buy this, and other more essential items... I give thanks for buying my foot a lovely present for carrying on carrying me despite swelling and pain. A stool perhaps? Some kind of surgical support? Nah, a pretty flower henna tattoo to remind me to still look at it with love!

I give thanks though I want and need to move from my flat as soon as I can, I still live in this very pleasant town. For the gallery that displays these fascinating pictures made with found items... I wonder what glue they use?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics