Monday 28 January 2019

Eight

My goodness me I give thanks I took it easy yesterday as today has been very busy mentally and physically. I give thanks for wrestling my printer into submission - finding drivers with utilities for this ancient model that work with moody Windows 10 so I could clear the nozzles etc and prepare a form for registering at the surgery here... Shame when I got there they said it was the wrong form but as I said to them, at least I got the printer working to print it!  The real form was very long but I could do two pages quickly as they were all about alcohol consumption! Scary questions! I give thanks as it will take them a few days to process my application (despite being almost tee total) the dear folks at my previous medical practice are sorting out some pills I need sooner than that.

I give thanks for finding the Royal Mail Delivery Office (tucked away in an unexpected place) and picking up two packages which I haven't had time to open yet...

I give thanks for discovering a problem with a damaged surface on some furniture where tape used to keep doors closed had kind of fused with the finish. It's an faded 'oak effect' desk top computer cabinet, several years old, variously modified and not a thing of beauty but useful for holding printer and files. Neither the removal guys nor I had any idea it would end up looking worse. In my head I was thinking, well I was going to paint it anyway...maybe if they gave money for some paint. But while I was wondering how to word it they came up with the elegant offer of me selecting some paint and them picking it up and delivering it...that's hundreds of happy for me!

I give thanks for starting the thing I meant to do today - working on lengthening the living room curtains. Unfortunately the temporary ones in the kitchen and bedroom both fell down earlier so I've been sidetracked sorting out those plus creating dinner and ambience for Rachel...who had car trouble again and had to cancel. I give thanks for persuading my digi box to replay stuff recorded in my former life. Not a ghost of a live TV signal though. I may have to get a man in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics