Monday 21 January 2019

One

Well, I've been using song titles for my blog posts almost a year now and the novelty is wearing a bit thin - let alone the supply of fresh ones. I thought I'd start some new naming phase when I moved...but, after well in excess of three thousand posts and much to deal with in other departments, I'm right  out of ideas. So, as I was telling someone in some call centre earlier, as it feels to me as if the year has only really just started I'm going to stick with numbers for a while...

I give thanks for a fairly successful twenty four hours - especially Julie finally finding my messages and dashing to my rescue. Honestly I don't think she could have fitted any more in her car, so I'm so grateful what fitted was all there was! I give thanks my new bath and chair bed were super comfy as there wasn't time to try out much else when we'd finally lugged everything upstairs. For finding the sale boards two different estate agents left behind fitted tidily in the bathroom window frame to cut out some drafts, and using a heavy duty throw thrown over my screen to do a similar job in the front bedroom.

I give thanks for being very pleased with how my new carpets look and feel in the other two rooms. I'd wondered if it were really necessary to get rid of what was down there before - and it was! For making a start on sorting out what is here to make room for what is arriving tomorrow. For catching twenty winks here and there as I'm still too wound up to sleep enough at night, and as both a BT engineer and Rachel were due later a full on siesta wasn't best. I give thanks for not losing the plot when neither of them actually could make it...and for it being rather chilly as I'd just started cooking for two and the fridge is still miles away. I give thanks for a shop only metres away to buy cake to cheer myself up!

Obviously there are odds and ends need fixing, and a few things much larger than that, but on the whole at the end of day one my general impression is of comfort and homeliness, fascinating things to watch outside the window, and lots of luxurious space...to fill with furniture and boxes and bags tomorrow of course (I hope!)


1 comment:

  1. So pleased you are enjoying your new home. It sounds lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics