Sunday 20 January 2019

Time is on my side

One thing we didn't manage to master yesterday was the entryphone. The buzzer sounds when someone presses the button at the bottom but nothing happens when you press the button at the top. I added it to my list of things to ask an electrician to quote me for, and in an odd moment found a second chap to send a message to. The first one had said he wasn't qualified to do the cooker work, and the second made me burst out laughing when he phoned and introduced himself. Turns out I know him in a completely different capacity - he's one of the Death Cafe organisers, and also the acupuncturist who took over Rachel's slot at the  treatment centre where I first met her. Electrician, acupuncturist...yes I can see the connection!

In the meantime I give thanks there are a few less stairs to negotiate, and the ones there are seem easier on the knees! For a delicious lunch with Mima in local eatery to fortify me for round two... Round Two? Round a hundred and two more like! I give thanks, though it seemed impossible, managed to get everything sorted cleaned and stowed into boxes and bags...and before nightfall too! I will give even more thanks when I hear from Julie she is on her way to collect me and at least some of said baggage...I've had enough of limbo now.  I give thanks I'm trying to remain calm and relaxed and think of Plan One Hundred and Two if she's disappeared into a black hole...After all I don't have to be at the new place til 9am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics