Sunday 27 January 2019

Seven

We lead such complicated lives these days don't we? I give thanks for persevering with all the online 'paperwork' and phone calls trying to inform the right people of more changes of circumstances. I particularly give thanks for the ones that work first time without websites crashing, long waits on hold to talk to chocolate teapots or hard copy proof requiring printing and posting!

Feeling very weary yesterday evening give thanks for an early night and, still not feeling right today for a suitably snoozy Saturday, for Paracetamol for the aches and pains and a huggy hot water bottle.

I give thanks for ticking a few things off the to do list in short bursts of activity with bribes of another cup of tea and biscuit and some idle activity when I finished each task...or finished what I could do with it for the moment. I give thanks for arranging the living room furniture in such a way as to make the room more useable, including setting up the table and chairs so I can eat my food looking at the sea but not in full view of any passers by looking up at the window. For finding some useful items forgotten about, and that some more useful paperwork has vanished into thin air. For attempting to print some forms...and giving up gracefully when I realised not only was my laptop battery flat but there was no convenient place to plug in the printer. For discovering, despite aerial type cables sticking out of various places not one has and end piece to fit the TV...and that the nearby open wifi signal is mostly strong enough to stream catch up so its no big deal for now.

I give thanks after my first completed week I am still very happy with my choice of new home..and look forward to further comforts like curtains, television and my own cooker and internet improving my quality of life even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics