Saturday 12 January 2019

S-s-s-single bed

I give thanks for some good nights' sleep recently, but last night wasn't one of them! For nonetheless getting myself going early enough to go to the Post Office and back before Laura was due, and for there being two Portugese tarts left at the deli to collect to have with a cuppa when she arrived. For a few quiet bits during the remainder of the day, and a few cosy ones...though not necessarily at the same time. For snoozing on the sofa with Barnaby and Troy when they did...

I give thanks for schemes and plans. Yes, I know you should live in the present moment but sometimes it's the best thing to do with the here and now... I'd been thinking I'd like to get a chair bed for the 'spare' room for when it's not a store room, which is clearly a long term aspiration, but I'd also thought if I had it sooner rather than later I could sleep on it before my furniture arrives. I'm not much given to roping others in for second opinions on stuff I might like to buy, but as Julie would have to fetch and carry it I sent her a picture of an IKEA one I fancied. And then a picture of a second hand one from Gumtree after she suggested I look for a cheaper option. The seller said it was still available but then didn't reply when I suggested coming to see it on Sunday. Meanwhile Julie came across one almost identical this afternoon in a charity shop she was in, sent photos, checked it over and offered to buy it and hang onto it until next weekend. I give thanks for my friends and for the strange ways things turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics