Tuesday 15 January 2019

Bus stop

I give thanks that I've had better days...and worse ones too so I know this one wasn't so bad! I give thanks for dragging my soreness out of bed with plans to turn an outpatients' appointment into as best an excursion as it could be despite the time slot being as far away from bus connections as it could be. The bus to catch the bus I could catch to the hospital was very late which scuppered these schemes but the things I meant to buy were unavailable anyway so I didn't need the time I thought I did...and I give thanks for getting a flapjack I didn't need as the lunch I had promised myself was off the menu too and I ended up really needing a snack!

I give thanks for my treatment not being too painful - most of the time! The podiatrist was pleased with the state of my toes but is still urging nail surgery in case they get worse again. I give thanks for signing the consent form in case they do (or I might still be there!) but have no intention of allowing either the deterioration nor the remedy for the foreseeable future! Large chunks of the present having been obliterated I give thanks for giving up on any other escapades and trying to get home. I'd have had to wait over an hour to catch a bus to catch a bus back here so I took the other option and hurtled down a connecting road to catch bus 2. There really wouldn't be time to get to the stop if it had been on time but I figured everything had been delayed today and I might just manage if this was late too. As it wasn't I give thanks at a push I can still trot...and for the driver kindly waiting while I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics