Friday 25 January 2019

Five

I give thanks for bursting out laughing when after all that trouble hanging my curtains, as I tried to open them this morning one end of the pole came down! Luckily Mima had already agreed to bring amenable to a little light chauffeuring and some medium lifting this afternoon so I could buy my flat some presents and get them home and inside. I give thanks for finding a suitable pole, some brackets for a shelf from leftover bits of Mima's kitchen cupboards and a giant paper lampshade for the living room until I can afford a chandelier. I also bought bought a beautiful blind for the bedroom, plus a curly metal coatstand as there's not room for a wardrobe in there. This was not on the shopping list but was just inside the door of the first shop we went to begging for a lift home in the car... It is perfectomundo! Apart from from food from Waitrose it's also the only item I can use right away, all the others requiring tools, skills, height, strength etc. Oh well, I give thanks for being prepared in case I grow strong and nimble again!

I give thanks for a wadge of post arriving including notification of a refund from the building society as, despite the many delays and complications that was technically a mortgage port and I didn't have to pay a redemption fee. That will come in handy especially as I still don't have a completion letter so can't prove to the benefits people that my apparent wealth was a very temporary state of affairs.

I give thanks for not doing any cooking today, getting snacks in cafes en route including the last broccoli and Stilton pasty in the bakers. Yum, yum! I give thanks for running into dear Dorothy on my travels too. She is eighty and rather a lot, very deaf and not as mobile as she'd like to be, but still great fun when she can grasp what you are saying. When I told her I'd moved here she asked straight away 'Is that more convenient?' I give thanks that yes, it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics