Saturday 19 January 2019

One more night

I give thanks for eating and sleeping better, and waking up feeling more well. I was still tired though, and stiff and sore, so I give thanks though I couldn't imagine getting out of bed, let alone lugging goods and chattels about the county, I managed the former just in time to be dressed when Mima came to help me with the latter!

I give thanks we had a successful morning, between us solving the riddles of the various heaters, hob and oven. I give thanks the estate agent's mate came and took away the fridge, washing machine and kitchen implements. He didn't want the giant freezer but kindly manhandled it into the spare room and we chucked the other bits and bobs in a cardboard box to take to a charity shop. Then I started feeling better...those leftover items had been really getting to me and feeling so ill yesterday a new flat just seemed like one more hassle not a joy at all.

I give thanks for Julie and Spencer bringing the chair bed that magically appeared in front of them last week after I'd said I wanted one...and for it being much nicer and much comfier than I imagined. I'm really pleased, and so grateful for all their man/woman handling!

I give thanks if all goes according to plan there's just one more night here and then one more day of packing, lifting and shifting on a deadline. There'll be lots more to lift and shift and manoeuvre after that...but it should be up to me how long I take over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics