Wednesday 2 January 2019

January

Hmm... gratitude is not coming easily to me lately. I give thanks for the times when I don't feel downright depressed I guess. For managing to make it through another twenty four of various difficulties and discomforts and trying to remind myself how lucky I am.

I give thanks for not sleeping all day after not sleeping most of the night. For not staying in bed reading books all day either... and for the howling dogs encouraging me to leave the building!

I give thanks fo keeping passably warm indoors and out and not having to wait too long for buses. For going to the carpet shop I think I'll buy from as I thought looking at what I might like to buy might help it seem as if I really might - after a month in limbo I'm beginning to feel very stuck! For coming up with a Plan B when I got there and found they are still on their Christmas hols. This involved another bus, and when I got off at the stop I was horrified to find roadworks had closed the stop on the other side of the road I'd need to return. I give thanks for having the strength to go further... and that being out later than originally intended meant I got to see some pretty sunset sky on the way back.

I give thanks for keeping myself sort of fed! And for still having an appetite of course... For reminding myself I am doing astonishingly well for someone who really isn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics