Sunday 13 January 2019

There's no place like home

I give thanks for an unusually long telly fest yesterday. I can't watch for hours on end (even tennis) but with a few breaks I can very occasionally find enough material to binge on and enough fatigue not to care. I give thanks for realising the Black Lake that was on wasn't the one I'd seen before and that warranted some serious catch up with a bowl of soup and a hot bath in between...

I give thanks for feeling pleasantly rested this morning and, for the first time since coming here, making pancakes for my brunch. For reminding myself to give thanks for worktops when I have access to these wonders of Western civilisation again!


I give thanks for Mima advising it was a pleasant day beyond the blinds and for driving us somewhere to go for a longer walk than planned before the brisk breeze blew the clouds back overhead. For the view through this tunnel under the railway...and for finally persuading my phone to react to it not process it as a square of light. For Costa providing us with much needed refreshments and discovering Home Bargains sell a lot of bargain foods - even foods to interest me! I'd been running down stocks ready to leave but there were items too useful for someone without worktops to leave behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics