Monday 7 January 2019

Take the money and run

I give thanks my viewing schedule lived up to expectations - there was a programme about amazing homes that didn't only feature grand designs costing many spare bank account grands - they even visited Slab City!  And for a gripping dramatisation of a true murder investigation with Martin Clunes as the detective. I've only ever seen him in comic roles, and not many of those as he doesn't make me laugh, so it was a revelation to see him in a straight role. There was even an advert I actually enjoyed though this was for a bank I already use so no use to me...

Today I give thanks though the day has tried to try me I've tried to remain in fairly good spirits.  I didn't have time for breakfast with everything else I had to do before my blood test so I give thanks for a cinnamon Danish and cup of tea in the mild sunshine on the seafront. I give thanks for my emergency fiver tucked away in a corner of my purse as when I went to get cash I discovered my bank card wasn't in it. For another session of trying to find carpet I like at a price I can afford - the problem being I really want two rooms done before the furniture goes in...and have tastes that don't match my income! I thought I'd seen something acceptable in the window of a shop shut for an extended Christmas break so I wasn't at all amused to be told the samples on display there were discontinued lines just to show they sold flooring and the price quoted related to another line no longer available.

I give thanks for randomly checking my emails on the bus to another shop and finding my cancelled phone engineer was still on the way to the property I don't yet own...and for the notification including his mobile number so I could head him off at the pass!

I give thanks for a cut price Higgidy pie for my lunch, and when the post finally arrived from the main building for finding the money I still owe for Council Tax is more than offset by the extra amount the Inland Revenue owe me over and above the sum I'd roughly calculated. Enough to get something a bit nicer to go over and above the floorboards methinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics