Tuesday 1 January 2019

New Year's Day

I give thanks for a mostly horizontal evening, starting out in the bath as I figured if folk were going out getting to the hot water first was a good plan. For hurriedly making sandwiches for tea as there was something I wanted to watch on TV and, when it turned out to have been rescheduled, for retiring to bed with catch up on my laptop instead.

I give thanks even with my earplugs I could hear other people were having fun, and of course see some pictures of it posted on social media too. For remembering when I used to go to parties...dressing up, dancing, drinking, all that stuff. I give thanks for those who have have family, partners and friends to stay home with if they prefer, and comfy homes to be in too.

Today I give thanks for being not just vertical a lot of the time but mostly in motion as well. For a massive session of clearing up and cleaning here, to make me feel I'm taking a step towards clearing out. For taking a break when Mima felt like a drive out in the very clement weather and taking a flask of tea and some snacks to join the world and his wife, mother, brother, cousin, three kids, two dogs and a selection of seasonal toys on the dunes with a view of the sparkling sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics