Monday 31 December 2018

Behind closed doors

I give thanks for the screen I put in front on the door in the evening. There were people who maybe didn't get my need for a psychological barrier, so how about a physical one? Late this morning, when I was finally fast asleep after another difficult night, my landlord knocked on the door...and when I didn't answer it (hoping he'd go away) he opened it instead while I'm lying in bed on the other side of it attached to my nightly needs, and it gave me a few moments to sort myself out. He needed to empty the meter and he'd sent me an email to explain but of course I hadn't read it. I give thanks most of us of in this country don't live like this... How fortunate we are eh? And when not long after another resident's child was having a tantrum on my doorstep I remembered to give thanks I only have myself to look after here, not a family.

I've been trying to think of ways to improve my mindset at this difficult time so I give thanks for putting on one of my favourite dresses today, even though I was doing nothing special. For thinking of treating myself to something naughty but nice for lunch to avoid the horrors of the kitchen...but the chippy was doing a roaring trade with all the visitors and had no special deals, and when I went on a bus to a place with a tapas bar I found it had closed down. I give thanks for raiding the Co op and Waitrose on the way home and finding some tempting dishes. For all the excited people filling their trolleys for parties and celebrations.

I give thanks for looking in a major national flooring store to check if shopping local as I planned to was wise, and finding their carpets were all wrong! For a well stocked and friendly veg stall in the market and for amazing daisies which flower all year round for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics