Saturday 29 December 2018

Cloud number nine

I give thanks for waking up comfortable - that's so rare that I'm always puzzled for a while trying to work out what's missing! I give thanks for moving eventually and breaking the spell for sorties to the kitchen for tea and toast, and for having the ingredients and inclination. For listening to the many noises in and around the building and accepting I can but strive for inner peace as I'm never going to be rich enough to have the outer sort. For being grateful I don't have more money because the more well off people seem to be materially the less they seem to be able to empathise or realise the ironies of life...

I give thanks for the amusement of musing on the 'news'. All the papers that were recently filled with recipe supplements are now offering free slimming club membership, and Weatherspoons are having a sale on alcohol - because otherwise people wouldn't drink so much, right? For there still being an end of year Top of the Pops, but with a studio audience old enough to be the performers' mums and dads (BBC employees I think)...and for finding out in Siberia they can (and do) block your sewers if you are in debt.

I give thanks for keeping clean and fed and moderately well. Everything seems to take forever at the moment and I missed a lot of the sunshine looking for my shades. I give thanks for the interesting clouds though...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics