Sunday 16 December 2018

A winter's tale

I give thanks as long as I'm not too tired or stressed my appetite is still hearty. You have to be seriously motivated to cook in the kitchen here but I give thanks it makes the place warmer when you do! I give thanks for two helpings of veggie lentil stew followed by two helpings of renal friendly bread and butter pudding last night.

I give thanks for the wind dying down and the rain drying up, and my aches and pains easing off too so I could go out for a few hours today. For a ferocious hail storm...when I was on the bus! For discovering a new food store with lots of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern favourites. Great selection of tinned and packet items and fresh baklava, olives, sheep's cheese and so on. Near the bus station too which would be handy for bringing things home when I have a home to bring them to...

As for the rest of the city, it was interesting to see and hear what the other 95% are doing this time of year and I gave thanks I didn't have to join in! For my equivalent of a super sinful Christmas cocktail - a medium size cappuccino. Mmmhhhmmm, a treat for my tastebuds indeed! For a delightful band playing in the shopping centre - reminded me of Breton music as heard on Brittany - and for the good natured if down on his luck tin whistle player sitting on the pavement in the rain. I thanked him for doing something useful and cheerful and popped some money in his hat!

My main reasons for going out were to get out of here as it can get rather glum, and to look for things to look forward to buying when I can home make again. I give thanks those missions were accomplished, for Wilko where people without cars can look at wallpaper and paint....and for all the lush free heat in shops and vehicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics