Sunday 9 December 2018

You can't catch me

I give thanks for managing to watch some catch up TV on iplayer on my tablet. The signal is best in the bed (sigh!) so it wasn't long before a combination of dropping connection and drooping eyelids meant I fell into another nap. That's fine, the things I really need to catch up on are calories and zees...and sleeping has tended to lead to eating and vice versa this weekend.

For waking up and realising I wasn't there any more! Don't let my gripes about inconveniences here confuse you - I am really very relieved and as long as the challenges doesn't go on too long I can manage.

Today I give thanks for finishing my shower before the hot water turned too cold and, despite some cars bumping into each other on the busy roads and holding us up, having enough time to get some bits from Lidl for 'Christmas' dinner with Rachel tomorrow between buses. I give thanks I think I have a plan for something to make out of odds and ends I do have to take the place of the nut roast I'd gone for that they didn't...

I give thanks for discovering a chap called Blake Beckford who champions stoma awareness. Look him up for some images... remember to look at the stoma bag! Facilities here are not conducive to the smooth operation of my own personal modifications, so I give thanks for keeping it together so far...

For a message from Tesco saying they're giving us some free data next month to make up for the service probs this week...and for learning how to lock the entrance door properly from the inside after a 'confused' woman (so she said!) opened it from outside. That gave me a shock!

I give thanks for John Lennon. It was the anniversary of his untimely death this weekend and, though of course he was a talented songwriter in his own right, for his covers album Rock and Roll of which I am particularly fond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics