Saturday 15 December 2018

Rainy days and Mondays

I give thanks for my hot water bottle - tucked into my back it helps to keep my core temperature high enough to function. I give thanks for not needing to function much today anyway! I was so tired and sore yesterday and had been yearning for a quiet battery recharge but as Jenny was going to be at the launderette I give thanks for getting up and trying to psych myself (and dress myself) ready to summon a cab in the pouring rain. And for then thinking nah...stop and have another cuppa first. I give thanks it was during this delay that Laura phoned offering to come and pick up a load of washing to process for me at her house and, as she was coming via Morrisons to pick me up essential supplies.This was something to be extremely grateful for in itself of course, but it also meant I was here when the rain started coming through the ceiling so could get a bowl to catch it.

I give thanks as it's a rented flat I have people to pass the buck to, but it can't be fixed immediately and it's a pretty miserable state of affairs on top of everything. I give thanks it is a good excuse for staying indoors but it mars the sense of relaxation I was hoping for, not least because the owners understandably want to come in and keep an eye on it too. I give thanks I'm used to drips, and the uneasiness I feel from other's comings and goings close by my living space, and hearing footsteps and voices and TV overhead but, as these features in my old home contributed to me wanting to leave, leaving them behind can't happen too fast for me.

I give thanks for losing myself in catching up with the first few episodes of The Sinner on iplayer (under two covers with a hoodie on top of my clothes!) I saw it advertised on BBC a while ago but with all the 'excitement' of the last couple of weeks I'd not managed to be in front of the TV for an episode yet. Excellent stuff!

I give thanks for making a pan of odds and ends stew and for Mima bringing me the odds and ends from my freezer she'd been keeping in hers. The little compartment with the broken door in the top of the fridge here is jam packed and some of what didn't fit fit nicely into the pot. I give thanks by the time that was sorted the heating was on again and the knots in my mind and body unwound enough for a lovely sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics