Tuesday 25 December 2018

Splish splash

I give thanks for deciding to brave the bleak facilities for a soak last night with a book, a mug of chamomile tea and my heater on in the hall outside...because the water soon turned from warm to cold and while this was most disappointing running a bath it would have been far worse running a shower! The big radiator was not on last night or this morning so I give thanks my little heater managed to dry my towel for an alternately scalding and freezing shower late this morning, and that no one will get close to me this Christmas as I'm not as well washed as I might be....

I give thanks for getting some sleep... And for managing to get out of bed to get tea when I woke up  - the mattress here and my back do not get on well at all! For kind people asking me if I'd like to be sociable and being understanding when I said no, I really wouldn't today as I'm feeling far from festive. Sometimes to deal with hard times you have to retreat inside and the last few months I've been shrinking so far in I'm not sure how to get myself back. I give thanks, as far as I know, people I know are happy anyway...

I give thanks for some thoughtful presents including two scarves, two cosmetic bags, various smelly things to be saved for a more fragrant environment and sweet treats to be taken in small measures, plus a recommended biography and...the gift that's flown many miles to get here...a model Spitfire of course!

I give thanks for the hour the heating came on. I danced naked in the wrapping paper. No, I didn't really, I took off the beanie I'd been wearing all day to keep tepid and relaxed enough to have a nap.

I give thanks I'm not on the streets. Nor in a hostel. Nor in a hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics