Sunday 23 December 2018

Rocking around the Christmas tree

I give thanks for feeling better after sleep and food and warmth. As my body reaches rock bottom the need for basic needs to be met can become very urgent very quickly and I give thanks as long I can keep meeting them so far I can recover again. I give thanks for getting up again for supper, a bath and the final gripping episodes of The Sinner.

I give thanks for trying to relax today. The concept always makes me smile, because if you're trying you're not relaxing are you? Most tasks here require considerable physical effort due to bodily malfunction, or less than helpful interior design, or the combination of the two and so there's a lot of mental effort expended on self motivation and encouragement. I give thanks for the enormous satisfaction to thus be gained for achieving anything at all. Washing self and dressing, washing pots and hair and undies and making scrambled eggs on crumpets for lunch and I felt like I'd been on a jaunt with Bear Grylls!

I give thanks for buying a cheap TV paper yesterday and thus spotting 5USA was putting on a Columbo fest this afternoon. I may have seen those episodes many years ago but not recently so it was a undemanding way to pass the hours. For using the advert breaks to tackle more convoluted chores, cleaning, tidying, cooking and for catching some mini snoozes. I give thanks for my throw and hot water bottle and pound coins for the meter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics