Thursday 6 December 2018

Wherever I lay my hat

I give thanks for my fabulous friends! At the moment particularly for the nimble local folk who have been able to drop or swap hats at very short notice to give me physical assistance, but I'm very grateful for the long distance emotional bolstering too of course!

I give thanks for the free calls with my mobile bundle. One to change address for one benefit took 59 mins and 14 secs!

I give thanks arriving suddenly and unexpectedly here before I've fully moved out from there meant I was able to reassess what to bring and what to put into storage. There's a toaster and grater which I didn't expect, but no coathangers which I had. Even the owner is rather derogatory about the state of the place - they'd been planning to do it up not rent it - but I figured my own throws, cushions and rugs would make the place seem more homely and cosy and my screen is a very welcome addition providing an extra barrier between me and the outside world as it feels a little odd with just a Venetian blind and lot of glass screening my world from a carpark and street. Thank goodness I didn't pay removal men to remove and store this stuff when chums could be bribed to bring it here and help me to feel more comfortable!

I give thanks for managing to fit in a prearranged pre birthday vegan afternoon tea with Julie, a hug and a laugh and debriefing with Wendy the estate agent and a lengthy shower which was delightful when I finally got the temperature right! For taking the time to unpack, arrange and faff about enough to satisfy without stupifying any more than I am already... I only got about 3 hours sleep last night so anything else I'm grateful for you will have to guess at now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics