Friday 14 December 2018

Brimful of Asha

I give thanks for when the radiator comes on and when the internet connects. Simple pleasures here :-) I was in a great rush to use the latter when I opened a little packet that came and realised it was from my Reddit Secret Santa. It was a Thankful Diary and the challenge to write in it every day for a year and see if it changed my life. You're supposed to post a picture of your gift, with a rating and a comment so I rated it as excellent and posted a picture of it beside my blog on my tablet screen to show I had the staying power to complete the task!

I give thanks for going out in the freezing cold and posting a little present to old friends who are basking in the sun! Do to others and all that! For checking out the corner shop across the road from the new place. For it being a good corner shop too! For Archie the estate agent eventually turning up with the keys so I could have a bit of a closer look and measure up inside. Some rooms seem different from how I remembered them - one bigger, one smaller -  but all the stuff I asked to be removed is still there so he'll get on to the owners about that. I give thanks for a lift back in his cosy car afterwards.

I give thanks for the mortgage company calling me back when they said they would! Unfortunately all the senior underwriters had already gone home for their teas so they can't give me a decision until Monday, but as they were agreeing to the almost exactly the same circumstances up until yesterday I'm mostly optimistic. I give thanks I even feel brave enough to see if there's enough hot bath water for a bath...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics