Friday 21 December 2018

Lazybones

Mmm I was very grateful for an idle evening and a long lie in this morning. All body parts rather refreshed except toes and vocal chords! In a way I'm grateful for the latter as it lets me off making a few chase up phone calls tying up loose ends from leaving old home and moving towards moving into new, but of course my brain doesn't let me off thinking about them and I'm hoping after the seasonal shut down some answers to some queries will turn up anyway. In the meantime it can work on not feeling I'm being 'lazy' by not pushing myself harder than I am. What I'm doing is staying alive, moderately healthy and away from dialysis machines in some rather challenging circumstances. Sometimes this requires a bit of a sit down...

I give thanks for working out some meals I'm allowed to have, can put together in the cramped cold kitchen here, and for which ingredients are available in town.  I won't be having 'Christmas' in any way anyone would recognise but I'll still need to eat over the next week of couple of weeks of consumer mayhem and I'd like to eat as well as I can. I give thanks I'm only cooking for one and will not be expected to make any conversation while I do it!

I give thanks for taking recycling to the big bins and saying hello to the beautiful sea. For the patience of shopkeepers and business people while I whispered my business and for not getting rained on again! For tracking down some missing meds and the recommended dressings so I can rewrap my difficult digits.

I give thanks for Bob's Christmas box arriving earlier than I think it ever has before. I give thanks though he's not very chatty right now he has a wonderful reason to be otherwise occupied...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics