Thursday 13 December 2018

Rhapsody in blue

I give thanks for discovering the BBC drama Mrs Wilson was based on real people and events. It makes the somewhat unresolved storyline make so much more sense and explained the 'coincidence' of the lead actress being called Wilson too. Old softy that I am it brought years to my eyes seeing the real family extending at the end...

I'm partial to a biopic so I give thanks after a too wakeful night and an early start for three and a half hours more miserable going round in circles with Chelsea getting increasingly cold despite adding layer upon layer of clothes I gave myself the afternoon off to take a train ride and go and see Bohemian Rhapsody. It made a great escape from stress and shivering and I give thanks for the literally awesome performances and re-creations, plus a lot of poignant personal memories, a tub of popcorn and, when the train home I might have caught was cancelled, for finding two sorts of favourite teabags in a nearby health food shop, a nice loaf of bread and a massive home made fish cake for my tea!

I give thanks for seeing the lights and trees decorating houses we passed, and for filling a hot water bottle to huddle against before checking emails when I got home. It seems the vendors of the flat I want to buy are pushing for an exchange asap now so I'm extra grateful I didn't realise that before skived off from office duties a few hours.

I give thanks there's nothing on real time terrestrial TV I want to watch so that after I've finished a bit of vacuuming to get the circulation going I can make toast and chamomile tea and retire to bed to get snug

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics