Monday 17 December 2018

I'm sorry

It's the time of year when what I most hear is 'Don't bother me, I'm getting ready for Christmas', and I give thanks for trying to maintain goodwill and compassion and bother people as little as I can! It would be best I'm sure if I could deliver any cards and gifts I intend to send some time in November and then disappear into some alternative dimension so as not to interrupt important preparations for spending valuable time with precious people.  Being not very well and not very well provided for just makes it worse as I'm the kind of person people like to think they're kind to and either they don't realise they're being rude and dismissive, or on one level they think it's fine because I'm not quite worthy of their sparkly attention but on another wonder if that's a worthy thought to have!  I give thanks I haven't had any awkward charitable invitations to assuage any consciences yet - my lack of social charm has its benefits you see!

Anyway, I give thanks not only were builders summoned to look at the roof here this morning but I was consulted as to what time they should come. I give thanks I already had a morning appointment to hear the underwriters' verdict so had to get up though I was awake in the night uncomfortable and a lie in would have been welcome. I give thanks for the verdict being positive, and for a lift half way to the library to do printing and photocopying again. For finishing Christmas shopping because I like to give presents and if finding time to receive them is a pain that's tough! And for buying a fish and chip £5 special to eat on the seafront while the work finished here because even with a young gull chorus that was more peaceful than hammering and scraping overhead and people in and out.

I give thanks for huddling under the covers with my clothes on when I got home and falling fast asleep. I've a sore throat and a runny nose and that nasty prickly nerve pain is back so it's super important not to feel sorry for myself or I will start to feel worse. I give thanks I have my podiatry assessment appointment tomorrow and though this means two buses each way on a wet and windy day it may be a step towards happier feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics