Wednesday 5 December 2018

Because the night

I give thanks for sleeping surprisingly well and late this morning. I'm so glad I didn't have to be up and ready to greet removal men at 9 am! It would have been nice to greet them at 1 instead but late morning the buyer's solicitors started raising more queries for the freeholder and, with time ticking away we passed the threshold when they could feasibly get here and be confident of getting everything out within working hours, let alone daylight. I suppose I could have just moved out before matters were resolved on the off chance that they would be, and clearly some parties would have preferred it if I had and have been complaining accordingly, but it's one thing to have to vacate on completion and quite another to have to just in case of completion, or after completion during the night! After a few rather terse emails about it having to be today I rang the estate agent to see if she could explain the ever growing unreasonableness of this request to those who were failing to grasp it, and come up with an alternative more sensible arrangement because I've done everything else I can do my end to speed things along and it's out of my hands. I'm still waiting to hear if she's managed to come up with something!

I give thanks I really am mostly ready to move out. But even more so for not disconnecting the cooker and TV, nor unmaking the bed, taking down curtains, cancelling services or redirecting mail so that some sort of existence can continue amid the chaos. I planned to spend the afternoon relaxing when it seemed I wasn't going anywhere but without official confirmation that either the buyer has pulled out, or is going to renew his mortgage offer, or simply that nothing else is going to happen today and I can stop waiting for more information it's hard to properly unwind. I give thanks for how calm I am managing to remain all things considered... I must be mentally tougher than I thought I was! Oh and same for my body I guess. How that is managing to keep going I've no idea! It was secretly pleased to have the afternoon off from lifting and shifting though I know... Some sitting about was a welcome relief in a way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics