Saturday 8 December 2018

Candle in the wind

Every morning this week I've got up groaning and whimpering with pain, so I give thanks for groaning and whimpering this morning and not getting properly up at all. Moving home as a fit forty-nine year old was exhausting... as a sick sixty year old it's been downright annihilating! I give thanks for being here to give thanks - literally and metaphorically - and for being pretty sure, whatever the shrieks of horror Monday's blood test results in, this desire to lie still is physical and mental fatigue not the last bit of renal failing I have left to do.

I give thanks my appetite is back, that's a very good sign I'm right. And for spending the last couple of cramp crippled hours yesterday sorting out where to put food in a very small holiday kitchen with no food storage cupboards. The fridge is also small and the work surface just big enough for the microwave, kettle and toaster plus a mug for your hot drink and side plate for the toast! I give thanks therefore, as it's a kind of conservatory, it has a wide PVC ledge running at base of window height so there's room for jars and tins and storage tubs on that. It's also suitably cold! For finding the pasta, some bits and bobs to go with it and cooking and eating them.

I give thanks for an hour or two on the phone sorting out some more changes of address, standing order stoppage and yes please lovely rebates! For chatting to folk on the included wifi here as I've been affected by the 02 crash...before the internet here started playing up too. I give thanks to Bob for his excellent suggestion of taking Netflix up on their free month trial, and that I hadn't got as far as signing up and trying to watch anything before this happened. For thinking to bring my digi box and cable to watch programmes already recorded, but the TV doesn't have an hdmi socket so that plan was scuppered too... Never mind, I can listen to the howling wind, pattering rain on the glass and the cars arriving and driving on the other side of it.

I give thanks for some more space organisation, rearranging this corner to accommodate my housewarming/Christmas cards and gifts. I give thanks I'm not likely to have many more as I don't know where I'd put them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics