Friday 28 December 2018

Can't buy me love

I give thanks the heating was on for longer last night. This meant I was warm enough to do the washing up after eating and that meant I discovered there was lots of hot water and could selfishly syphon off a bathful for myself!

I give thanks for getting up at a fairly respectable time despite nightmares, shivers and pain disturbing my sleep quite badly, and thus being on the ball when the mortgage company not only tried to make me pay for another survey when they did one on that property less than two months ago, but wanted me to pay more for one than the price as quoted and paid before. I give thanks for being rather insistent and fierce until they checked the details and backed down.

I give thanks for finally getting round to picking up my pretty turquoise chenille throw as ordered a while ago, and picking up a few other things while I was there. I don't think I've experienced the post Christmas crush in the city since I lived there so it was a bit of an endurance test, but staying indoors is an endurance test at the moment so I give thanks for the variety.

I give thanks for not giving in to the temptation to buy a rather pleasing jumper in town here yesterday day for eighteen pounds as I found a perfectly acceptable one for eight! It still seemed rather extravagant but I seriously misjudged what to wear while staying here and another warm layer is required.

I give thanks for also, somewhat optimistically, buying two rolls of wallpaper I've had my eye on for a while. It's slightly textured and even more slightly sparkly in palest grey and would look good in my bedroom to be, I imagine. I give thanks I could only find two rolls with the same serial number as, though they won't go far, they were surprisingly heavy and I couldn't have have carried three very far at all.

I give thanks for finally getting this written and posted after the internet kept dropping out...and, after a hearty tea, I kept dropping off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics