Thursday 20 December 2018

I will survive

I give thanks for only waking up once in the night to cough and for finding half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey to make a drink to make it go away. Wish I could say the same for my sore toes! For calling the launderette this morning and thus discovering I'd lost my voice...and for promising myself, yet again, a morning in bed,  until the mortgage forms came and I decided getting them signed and returned was more important. For Mima picking up some washing for me and giving me a lift into town where I managed to whisper and sign language my way through necessary transactions.

I give thanks for the mildness of the weather, it makes being here far easier (and cheaper!) not being so cold. For not getting wet outside today and the roof repairs seeming to hold. For a hot water bottle on my chest when I got home, that was wonderfully soothing! And, after a rest, making a nice lunch to lounge on the sofa with. It's the first time I've attempted a lounge in the two weeks I've been here and I'm grateful it's quite comfortable, though cars parking, reversing and disgorging inches away means it's rarely restful.

I give thanks cooking is certainly easier when you don't need outdoor clothes to do it in and I'm getting better at finding the right angle to reach into the oven so my burns get smaller each time. There's no room to stand in front and open the door in case you're wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics