Wednesday 12 December 2018

Runaround Sue

I give thanks for getting 'back to the office' yesterday evening as this lightened the load for today, especially as the office has dodgy internet connection and no printer and the mortgage company have no idea who should be dealing with me any more and keep sending me to talk at length to other departments. This is not to beg for money yet, just to find the right folk to even listen to my request!

I give thanks I had pressing prescription matters to attend to today, so I got out in the very fresh air and saw the turbulent sea in between the doctor's surgery, the optician and the two pharmacies. I was just on my way to do some printing at the library when I met Jenny and realised I was accidentally arriving on the right day and time for the the craft club though I had completely forgotten it was also her birthday too! I give thanks she brought cake and, as the kitty was full, Cathy said cuppas were free this time. She also said my buyer was her new neighbour's son! They had moved into a bungalow near her earlier this year, obviously expecting him to be moving out.

I give thanks for forgetting Jenny's birthday made me remember someone else's coming up, so after going to the florist for a plant for the former I had a look for something for the latter, and some non-Christmas paper, and some Cauldron sausages for a hasty tea before the next round of phone and transfer, hold and hold on we'll call you back! I give thanks this stage of the the long and arduous relocation process involves mostly sitting still...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics