Wednesday 23 January 2019

Three

Oh my, I sure do give thanks for being able to sleep in my much loved bed, and for being able to get out the right side of it for my various health needs. It's good to be able to reach with my good arm for the light switch and cuppa too!

It was a great treat to be able to have a lie in enjoying the comfort but I give thanks for the sunshine and various tasks to complete in my old home town so I had to get moving eventually. I've said all along it would be easier to get there and back if I moved here and today I proved it so - half a hill being harder than none! I give thanks for all the friendly people I chatted to including the receptionist at my lovely long time surgery who said I must come back and visit when I'm around and warned me to expect a less friendly service at the new practice. I'm steeled for its horrors, but after the time I've spent with the team there, even the nicest new ones will seem a bit odd...

I give thanks for remembering everything on my list even though I didn't write one let alone take it with me! For trying to find a balance between the fatigue (and accompanying urge to doss around) and the urge to do more nest building to make dossing more comfortable. The living room looks like a second hand furniture store and the spare room like a charity shop...but it's all stuff I believe to be beautiful or know to be useful and I don't need to ask the price! I give thanks for finding a duvet cover in a real charity shop to make almost instant window coverings for the kitchen and feeling the fear and doing it anyway at the top of the big ladder again to hang the second living room curtain. They'll have to come down again to be extended but maybe I'll be able to run to a new pole at the same time to save too much mountaineering. In the meantime they are far prettier and more insulating than the ones I've replaced...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics