Tuesday 8 January 2019

Subterranean homesick blues

I give thanks for an unusually pleasant evening...by current standards anyhow! For Rachel bringing me homemade dahl and rice for my tea along with good conversation and company. giving me a soothing, healing treatment. For enough hot water for a shower of pleasing temperature and duration, and another enthralling episode of the Manhunt trilogy. For five hours joined up sleep!

Today I've been weary and weary of waiting for developments while dealing with the difficulties here so I give thanks for doing my best not to let it get me down. For making some nice simple things to eat for breakfast and lunch, and leaving my sleepy hollow to see the pretty sea and sky while picking up some groceries for tea.

I give thanks for hearing from Paul while writing this. He is highly thought locally as a particularly efficient and ethical solicitor, but also manages to communicate in a warm and friendly manner which, from the very first time I spoke to him, impressed and cheered me. They can seen rather heartless souls! I'll spare you the details but according to him we are 'not too far off now'.

I give thanks for remembering this Dylan gem. Still perfectly relevant in this imperfect world...and I still love the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics