Thursday 3 January 2019

Cold as ice

For a while last night I wished I was more 'normal' then I wouldn't mind listening to the folk upstairs listening to soaps as I'd be enthralled myself. But then I paid attention to the bickering tones they used to talk to one another and was very grateful for being too odd to be anything other than on my own! I give thanks I decided to avoid lower floor flats when looking to buy. Yes, my knees are enjoying the lack of stairs here but I if I never have to hear another person using a toilet above my head it won't be a moment too soon...though I still don't know when that moment will be.

I lost the will to get up today, so I give thanks for staying cosier in bed. For my earplugs as it wasn't very peaceful and for occasionally accessing the unheated kitchen and bathroom as required. The kitchen has two and a half outside walls, one of which is window and gets ferociously cold, so I give thanks for enough coins for the meter to put the cooker on before I went in there for anything that took longer than grabbing the biscuit tin.

I give thanks for the landlords putting the heating on for a while in the early afternoon so I could brave the arduous process of getting dressed in mutluple laters including scarf and hat, topped off with hot water bottle and throw. No sign of it coming back on again so I give thanks I'm planning to go out later and will be getting colder still!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics