Thursday 17 January 2019

The drugs don't work

I give thanks I felt so rested yesterday evening I made an apple crumble. Given the kitchen facilities here this was no mean feat but it was worth it for the comfort factor and it tasted pretty good too. I give thanks cooking also warmed the kitchen enough for me to do the washing up after as well...

I give thanks after only fifteen minutes or so on hold this morning I got through to an unusually kindly advisor regarding the letter telling me me my benefits were being cut due to my new wealth (ie. from selling my old flat) This should not be the way the process works but, although I had explained the situation previously and it was in my notes, I hadn't explained it in the right tone of voice to the right person looking on the right computer system last time so oops a daisy I have to prove it when I've bought another and wait for a decision maker to decide if I can be exonerated and have money reinstated. It reminds me of when I complained to the medical director of a hospital my stroke symptoms had gone unrecognised by any doctors or nurses and he said 'You are an articulate woman - couldn't you make yourself understood?'. I give thanks for our benefit system as I give thanks for our NHS but sometimes they can't get the staff, you know!

I have been in a lot of pain in a lot of places again today so I give thanks I had to go out and get some odds and ends as, though chilly, it was lovely in the bright sunshine. I give thanks for buying an enormous cream cake to reward and cheer me up...shame I forgot the Paracetamol though! I give thanks for more sorting stuff out and packing it away, interspersed with much sitting down... and for the extra central heating which has made moving around easier than it might have been. And when fretting a little over how rough I feel  in general today I give thanks for reminding myself all I really have to do tomorrow is collect the keys...and even that is optional if my body requires something else happens instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics