Friday 18 January 2019

When the going gets tough

What was it the renal consultant said to do if I started feeling unwell - trudge around with a rucksack and suitcase in the wind and pouring rain was it? Tried that...didn't seem to help!

I give thanks my purchase completed surprisingly early today... Earlier than I was ready to pick up the keys by a long way! I give thanks for getting to the property before the rain started in earnest. It's a nicer bigger space than I remember - and shabbier! I give thanks for managing to shut a stuck window so it's a little less draughty and can make a plug in heater work though not succeeded in producing signs of life from the storage heaters, oven or hob. I give thanks the estate agent assures me the vendor's stuff will be removed tomorrow but we've heard stuff like that before and I am gutted it's not gone already as it feels like it's not my place yet with someone else's things in. Bit like where I am now really!

I give thanks I'm somewhat drier than when I arrived back after getting an extra key cut. Definitely colder though! I give thanks for managing to eat something. I'm hoping a little food in my tummy, a hot water bottle and blanket, hat and scarf and mindless TV may soon result in a nap and waking up feeling rather better. I'll certainly be grateful if that is so. I give thanks for thinking I can keep going a little longer. Likewise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics