Friday 11 January 2019

Perhaps. perhaps, perhaps

So this morning we had window cleaners sprucing up the many panes of the building, and largely based right outside my door. Oh well, I give thanks this was a good reason to stay in bed, but the dogs were going berserk and I gave even more thanks for realising after some time that berserk dogs meant no owners on the premises and that there might be enough hot water for a bath. Ooh and I was grateful there was! The bathroom is not pretty, practical or even comfortable to use but a long soak in hot water is still a treat. I give thanks for my earplugs as my ears were nearer the dogs, and a novel to distract me - including from looking at my phone every couple of minutes to see if there were any updates.

I give thanks that finally there were some updates, and if all goes according to plan we hope to exchange on Monday and complete on Friday a week today. Friday is not an ideal day for several reasons but there are many more reasons why completion is better than not and having a date to count down towards is psychologically better than not as well! I give thanks for suddenly feeling a bit more energetic after this news, and going out to spread the news - making tentative arrangements with carpet suppliers and removal folk and visiting the estate agent to ensure they are on the case regarding the vendors clearing the flat.

I give thanks for getting some odds and ends of unavoidable shopping and finding a large bag of baker made scones for £1 and another of less than perfectly fresh Chantenay carrots for 50p at the greengrocers. Carrots are one of the few vegetables I'm encouraged to eat and I've only recently discovered they come in different flavours. Lidl's 'unicorn' carrots are divine...but Chantenay are pretty good too. Some of them went into a tasty (for ready made paste based) curry for my tea. I give thanks for managing to save some of that for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics