Friday 4 January 2019

God only knows

Mmm... I give thanks I went and got gonged last night! One advantage of a less than cosy abode is it's not so hard to leave it on a chilly winter's evening. I give thanks it wasn't raining and that the bus was warm but the glow had worn off by the time I got to the venue where Sally welcomed me with open arms. 'Oh you don't want to hug me' I said, 'I'm covered in cold!' 'That's fine,' she replied 'I'm having a hot flush!' so we had an extra long embrace happily swapping body temperatures...

I am so grateful I can have a gong bath now and then. It is one of the very few things I do that now that I would do if I were still young and/or well. And one of very few hours in the last few weeks when I haven't thought how much I hate my life! I give thanks for lift home-ish afterwards as it's so much nicer than trudging back to the stop and waiting for the bus.

I give thanks for a busy morning in the office, chasing this and that. For an extra large bowl of spinach and ricotta ravioli with veg for a late lunch followed by an extra large late nap. For stirring myself and zapping about collecting odds and ends before the shops shut and for finding lots of irresistible special offers which pleased my purse but not my back and knees lugging them back home.

I give thanks for finally getting the wifi to work, for the owners coming home so their dog will shut up and, as there's nothing to watch on TV and the heating is off,  for taking to my bed fully clothed with the leccy blanket on with a sarnie and a book. I give thanks rumour has it I may get a date next week. No, not that kind :-) I did hear When a Man Loves a Woman in a charity shop earlier though...cracking track, I gave great thanks for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics