Thursday 24 January 2019

Four

I give thanks after creating a corner of living space in the living room yesterday I listened to my body and took it back to the bedroom for a couple of hours before a bit more sprucing, supper and an early night.

I give thanks for surviving a frustrating morning of repeated calls from BT regarding my fantasy of having a phone line, though I did lose my temper a little I must confess. I have been assured so many times it's all sorted and now they assure me it will be sorted by 14th Feb...which would be great as I'd be able to receive all those birthday calls! Oh well, I give thanks for picking up a Fon hotspot signal much of the time. Good old Fon eh? The person who got the brunt of my frustration was Archie from the estate agent who repeatedly rang the entryphone buzzer and who I had to go down to let in to get a closing reading for the meter as the electric company wouldn't take it from me. I give thanks we're used to each other by now...makes up for the time he time he had a hangover!

Apart from these mild inconveniences I give thanks for plodding on as best I can, though I've been too tired and sore to have much of an impact on things today. I give thanks for feeling the benefit of a nice long sit down on hold to various benefit agencies...for another round of trying to lure alleged 'handymen' to the phone, if not the premises, to discuss the many jobs I cannot do myself... I give thanks for finding the hammer plus one lone picture pin so I could put up a calendar. For finding lots of clothes for a change from the few I had with me before (women do get weary and all that) but not a single extra saucepan to extend my cooking repertoire. Never mind...I give thanks for profiteroles and strawberries reduced in the Co op for dessert if I can rustle up some pasta or something first...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics