Tuesday 22 January 2019

Two

Phew! After many long hours sorting stuff out I give thanks for banging my head full on on the sloping ceiling making it ache, and fiddling about so much with this and that my hand and arm twisted into a seized up knot and I had to cease and desist..

I give thanks for my removal team - what lovely bunch of chaps they are - so friendly and helpful. You want your bed put together? No problem! Shall we plumb in the washing machine too? No problem! Ah, actually there is...we left the hoses in situ at the other place. Tell you what...if you can get one while we're working we'll do it for you when we've done. Couple of frantic phone calls later, yay I can buy one at the top of town here...but I cannot find my purse! So removal man gets out his own money and lends me some...and while I'm gone they arrange the furniture in as homely manner as they can!

I give thanks I now have a working washing machine and fridge freezer. I was practically skipping with delight to see them, likewise the toaster which was the first thing to emerge from a box or bag - I've been using the top of the oven here but can't turn the fan off and as the door is crooked you get a very warm kitchen just browning a slice of bread. Normally the room is pretty chilly though so this is not an entirely bad thing. I don't waste the heat, I commandeer some sort of table and seat and eat my food in there.

Not all the ceilings are low - some you almost need breathing equipment to reach! I give thanks for my old very long curtains being long enough to cover the window, but they'll need extending to reach the floor which I prefer in a tall room. I give thanks for...eventually...psyching myself up enough to get on the top platform of the ladder to attach one to the rail to see. For a heavy cupboard on casters to wheel next to me for an extra handhold. For not kidnapping the very tall Tesco delivery driver and forcing him to attend to my soft furnishing woes and closing the door on that room to go back to another day.

I give thanks thanks for rigging up temporary window dressings in the bedroom and bathroom instead for more cosiness and privacy. The kitchen I got as far as finding a telescopic pole for and then shut the door on that too. Home wasn't built in a day but there certainly have been some improvements made in the last twenty four hours or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics