Wednesday 15 August 2018

Read all about it

I give thanks it's still mild enough to have windows open at night, and for the tasty and nutricious supper I provide to flying crawling things! For lavender oil in the bedside table to put on the itchy bits each time I woke to scratch them

I give thanks for being quite bustly and productive during the evening yesterday as my get up and go has pretty much all gone away today.

I give thanks for eventually dragging myself down the hill, later than intended but in an unexpected gap in the clouds so all though the wind was mighty strong it was pleasant to get some fresh air. I give thanks I have no aspirations to a hair style! For achieving a few useful tasks including picking up my own copy of The Idiot Brain as I enjoyed the borrowed one so much... plus its sequel which the library doesn't yet have.

I give thanks for spending a lot of the rest of the time lying down, not just as I feel rather feeble, but also because I started reading Robert Webb's excellent How Not To Be A Boy and the pages just keep turning! He's a witty and thoughtful writer with interesting tales to tell, and having spent much of my youth not being a girl, my middle years realising there was no need and my later life mystified how much of this extremely unhelpful gender generalisation still pervades I also find it wryly refreshing!

I give thanks for having the physical wherewithal (plus ingredients) to make a quick meal when I can be bothered to move again. It may even be tonight...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics