Monday 27 August 2018

I don't want to talk about it

I give thanks for people not talking to me as I really am not in the mood! I give thanks for the bank holiday meaning I don't have to talk to anyone at all...

I give thanks for lots of time alone to think and not think and all the things I like to do instead of chattering. Well, not all of them obviously but I certainly don't want to think about all the things I like to do I can't do either! One of the things I've been thinking about is why there's a sense I ought to justify or even apologise for this preference...and I give thanks I think I've sussed out it's because I'm a woman, and in our here and now we're supposed to be there for people to be there. If I were a chap I could process stuff by disappearing into my office or shed, grabbing a metal detector or surfboard and nobody would expect anything more.

I give thanks for managing a bit of knitting though my hands were sore from a bit of rag rug making yesterday so not as much as I would have preferred. I give thanks for getting on with mundane household chores though not as much as I should have. For enjoying hearing a fox in the night when I couldn't sleep...though all the neighbourhood dogs that were barking back not so much!

I give thanks for the weather being better for folk out and about doing holiday things. For a strange but tasty concoction for lunch - a sort of kedgercoronation. And for a refreshing siesta afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics