Monday 20 August 2018

Something old something new

I give thanks for feeling a bit less dead today, particularly useful as I had a lot of daily life to get done! I give thanks some of the jobs were sitting down ones as it's still very humid which makes the more energetic tasks more taxing...

I give thanks a BT engineer went up the pole outside my house on some business for another number and did not disconnect my line! This is a very rare occurrence...

I give thanks the Tesco delivery driver realised his mistake half way up the stairs in the wrong block and I found him and could deliver him to my door. I give thanks all the ingredients I wanted for tonight's tea were present and correct.

I give thanks for the great armchair anthropology opportunities afforded by BBC2's Extraordinary Rituals. They are extraordinary in that they are different from 'ours' but nonetheless quite normal elsewhere. I particularly enjoy seeing these ancient ceremonies performed in more or less traditional ways, but filmed on local's phones for social media etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics