Friday 31 August 2018

Fool if you think it's over

The last few days I've been feeling rather chilly and needing cosy layers and even blasts of heat, so I give humongous thanks for the temperature rising again today so that I could enjoy a (last?) summery sit in the communal gardens with a book between various tasks and chores.

I give thanks for doing some vacuuming. You know what happens every time I do now? I give thanks I traded in my Henry for a lighter more manoeuvrable machine. It gets the carpets cleaner too!

I give thanks for being able to wear summer clothes a little longer, not least before my warmest ones are stashed away and I don't want to have to excavate the back of the cupboard under the stairs to get them out and accept another shivery winter without central heating is on its way.

I give thanks for trying out some different Earl Grey tea bags and pain relieving cream and finding them both pretty good. I give thanks for accepting that's pretty much as much adventure as there is left in my life now...but for being still hopeful I can squeeze in a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics