Saturday 1 September 2018

She's leaving home

...only for a day or two but you folk who have proper holidays, and indeed proper homes, probably have no idea quite how grateful I am for this! I'm certainly where the sun shines brighter and I can see foreign shores even though, of course, I'm not allowed to visit them.


I give thanks for my inner alarm clock waking me up at just the right time to get ready to catch the train as my phone charger wasn't correctly connected, drained the battery and turned it off so it couldn't do so.

I give thanks for the novelty of gorgeously ornate and grimy ancient city stations and shiny high rise blocks. For knowing just where to go to catch my direct tube... And for coping with joining the confused crowds redirected through an underground adventure tour as several major lines and stations were closed. My it was busy, and heavens it was hot! I give thanks for having a rucksack not a case and for someone offering me a seat in the crush.

I give thanks for loving the journey and being very pleased with my choice of escape venue now I'm here - especially the views and the ice-cream so far. For curtailing exploration for this evening as my foot has taken swollen to a whole new level and must lounge with me on the bed. It has taken quite a pounding today and I give thanks it's not too sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics