Sunday 16 September 2018

This is me

Yay! I give thanks for finishing binding that bathroom mat...and for being very pleased with the result. All I need to do now is sew the second one before the first needs washing! I give thanks for also giving the windows a bit of a clean in instalments over the last couple days. I give thanks the bird poo landed on the one I'd not yet done...and for discovering the cream I got for my knees is good for shoulders too!

I give thanks for the chaps upstairs going out for part of the evening so I didn't have to be conscious of their every move nor be self-conscious of them being aware of mine. Such a privilege and pleasure! I give thanks for enjoying Kingsman - a sort of cross between Shaun of the Dead and James Bond. Silly, but very enjoyable if you don't mind exploding heads!

Today I give thanks for going out and doing something very unusual for me - interacting with others of the human race. I've nothing against this in principle, but in practice what goes on in my mind seems to have so little to do with what seems to go on in other people's it easier to be a recluse. However, I saw a flyer in the chemist for something I figured might be up my street and as it wasn't too many streets away, in daylight hours and with tea and cake for a donation, I thought I'd give it a go. I give thanks it turned out to be an astonishingly enjoyable and interesting afternoon and, as others seemed to agree, there might even be more to come. What was it? A death cafe - a discussion group about, well...death! Not a religious service, therapy or counselling, just a bunch of diverse people getting together and pondering on various aspects of the imponderable because they think it's a worthwhile thing to do...and were delighted to find others who didn't think it a taboo subject. Very bonding it was - oh and great cake too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics