Monday 24 September 2018

One step beyond

I give thanks to Walter for presenting us with the rather pleasing Code 37. I particularly appreciate the way it portrays such a realistic range of inept masculine behaviour - from the cops as well as the criminals! There are some classic examples of the dumb things some men say and do because they think women are even dumber, but in this case one woman is definitely not. Oh and the alternative photo line up scam!

Today I give thanks for some steps in the right direction, including many trips up and down the stairs with for Julie to take to pile up stuff in her car for disposal. We haven't had a good chinwag for ages so it was nice to have a catch up over a spot of lunch too...and to realise that phew, we hadn't got a parking ticket when we forgot to go to pay! Oh and I give thanks for her assistance in getting a mini shop in Tesco's too, she knows her way around the store...and understands how the difficulty I have with sensory overload in there.

I didn't sleep well last night as realistically this is make or break week when I find out if I have to stay here (which I don't want) or become temporarily homeless (which I don't want either) but I give thanks for enjoying the very bright moon. I was also very grateful for sinking into the deepest slumber on the sofa when we returned. I give thanks for another jolly conversation with my new estate agents afterwards who, unusually for business people, seem to share my sense of humour...plus a confirmation from my (current) favourite solicitor (you can go off them,you know) that he does indeed have a lease extension on his desk and the terms are within my budget too! He does conveyancing so I've asked him if he'll take on the new purchase.

I give thanks for remembering this gem - Ah, Madness, with your tight tunes and wacky videos, I know it's you I need to take my blues away! Don't let my somewhat flower child image fool you, I love a bit of ska and two tone and punk...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics